BASIC SWAT (TCOLE #3301)
The Basic SWAT course is designed to provide law enforcement students with an understanding and application of Basic SWAT tactics, techniques and procedures during critical incidents. Students will be exposed to common SWAT missions such as High Risk Warrant Service, Barricade Persons, and Hostage Rescue tactics. The course will provide lecture and demonstrations with scenario-based exercises.
DURATION: 60 HOURS
Course content includes:
- SWAT History / Equipment and weapon selection
- Tactical Planning / Intelligence Gathering
- Tactical Performance Handgun Skills
- Tactical Performance Carbine Skills
- Cover and Concealment
- Team Building Skills
- Team Movement
- Covert and Dynamic Entry Techniques
- Vehicle Assault Tactics
- Less Lethal and Diversionary Device Deployment
- Legal Issues
Equipment: All normal tactical equipment including, BDU or other similar tactical uniform, PT clothing, body armor, load-bearing vest or web-gear, eye and ear protection, gas mask, handgun and/or shoulder fired weapon (400 Rounds Rifle/400 Rounds Pistol). Please bring Simunitions / UTM safety equipment and 50 Simunition / UTM rounds.